May 7, 2013

If the LDS Church wasn’t "true", wouldn’t you want to know?

I thought I would share two of my favorite “concise” resources when dealing with issues relating to the church. My favorite thing about both of these letters are that they are coming from people who have seen both sides of the argument and have come to what I believe to be logical conclusions despite the negative social consequences that resulted from their decisions. I believe these are both great resources for any member of the church who answers “Yes” to the question “If the Church wasn’t true, wouldn’t you want to know?”

 The first is a letter is written by a member named Tyler Young. One thing I can empathize with Tyler is that he genuinely wanted the church to be true. This is certainly how I felt at the time. Nobody wants their worldview destroyed but the truth has no limits.

The second and perhaps my favorite is from a current lifelong member who was asked by a CES Director in 2013 to share with him questions and concerns regarding the LDS Church and its truth claims. The following letter is Jeremy's response. As far as I know to this point, no response has been given.

Both of these authors have mentioned that their documents will be updated regularly as they make edits or additions so I would always refer to the links above. Many thanks to these guys for their hard work! Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Hi MoNoMoInUT,

    This is the CES Letter author. Can you do me a favor and email me at cesletter@gmail.com? I'd like to ask you something.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete